Report a copyright infringement
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), Pub. L. 105-304, the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring in the ietf.org domain.
If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed by content available via the ietf.org domain, please notify our designated agent specified below. Please note, this agent is for reporting of copyright infringement and for requests for copyright permission.
Director of Communications and Operations
IETF Administration LLC
1000 N West Street, Suite 1200
Wilmington, DE 19801
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires that all infringement claims must be in writing and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit the IETF to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
The IETF reserves the right to terminate the use of IETF IT systems by IETF participants who violate the law by repeat copyright infringement. For full details, see the IESG Statement on Restricting Access.