Filter by topic and date
IETF Administration LLC Operational Policies and 2020 Strategic Plan
- Jay DaleyIETF Executive Director
23 Jul 2020
The IETF Administration LLC has now published a set of operational policies and its 2020 Strategic Plan
Following extensive community consultation the IETF Administration LLC has now published the IETF Administrative Strategic Plan 2020 and updated the IETF Administration LLC Overview page which links to that strategy and other key documents.
Additionally, the LLC has published a set of Operational Policies which as named, are operational in nature and can be quite detailed as they are intended to guide staff and contractors in their day-to-day work. These policies are being published in line with our committment to transparency rather than to seek feedback, but feedback is of course welcome. The policies are:
- Accounting Policy How our finances are managed, what processes are carried out and by whom, what controls are in place and much more.
- Investment Policy Statement Guidelines on how we manage our investments.
- Board/ED Delegated Authorities Sets out what authority the LLC board reserves for itself and what controls are in place on the delegated authorities of the IETF Executive Director.
- Objectively False IPR Disclosure Policy How we manage IPR disclosures that contain or may contain one or more material statements of purported fact that are objectively false.
- Charitable Contribution Acceptance Policy How we ensure that all charitable contributions accepted by the IETF Administration LLC align with the mission of the IETF and meet the legal requirements of a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit.
- Records Retention Schedule How long we keep certain records for as a minimum.
Any questions about these policies should be directed to the IETF Executive Director.